Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

It keeps overheating. New water pump, thermostat and

It keeps overheating....

It keeps overheating. New water pump, thermostat and radiator was replaced.

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle ever overheated? And when was it last serviced?

Just replaced all that last month and it is still overheating

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Lincoln?

2002 Lincoln Navigator

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Navigator yourself? What have you tried so far?

Had a mechanic replace the water pump, metal hose into the water pump, thermostat and radiator

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's it

8/16/2017
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Mechanic

IF you have had the water pump, thermostat and radiator replaced, was the system "flushed"?
What did the mechanic say to the continued overheating?
You should have a "Reputable" Radiator Shop perform a gas & Pressure Test on the system.
Apprx 1 hour labor
This will help pinpoint the cause, as it sounds like you have excessive Pressure entering the Coolant System from Head Gasket.

Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Mechanic