Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Lincoln

Tail lights stopped working - brake and turn are fine. 2011

MKZ JA: Have you checked the...
Tail lights stopped working - brake and turn are fine. 2011 MKZ
JA: Have you checked the bulbs? Have you checked the connection?
Customer: Trunk mounted LED's
JA: Are you fixing your MKZ yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Looking for a cause NO fuses for tail lights
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
8/15/2017
A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE

Do the front parking lights work?
Do you have a meter to check for power and grounds?
make sure you have the lights turned on and off of autolamps and recheck the parking lights.

Let me double check - but I believe that I DO NOT have parking lights

Make sure please. Also, check and make sure the auto lamps are not on and make sure the daytime running lights are not on. Turn the headlights on manually.

lights are on MANUALLY - no tail lights - no parking lights -

Ok. Thank you.

Check fuse #22 in the dash fuse box. It should be a 15 amp blue fuse.

A. Penland
Thank you very much... who ever designed the location of that fuse box must be special..!

Yes, and they only get worse, the newer the vehicle is.

A. Penland
A. Penland