Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Lincoln Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Lincoln Diagnostics
18617752

1996 Ford F-150 hole in breakline. Can I splice it or is

1996 Ford F-150 hole in breakline. Can I splice it or is there a flexible hose I can get to repair this? If so can you outline the procedure?

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer. Thanks for coming! I'm Ron and I'll be working with you on your question today.

Is the hole in the brake line in the metal line under the vehicle?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Sorry. Metal line rubbed up against y pipe and rubbed a split in it

Ok. Great. Thank-you. Please give me one moment to type out some info for you. Sit tight one minute... I'll be right back!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
can't accept a call now. I don't have the vehicle here at my warehouse

Sorry for the phone call offer. These are force-sent by the website... not me! Sit tight one minute... typing me reply...

Thanks for holding!

Due to the nature of the brake system and the pressure it's under, using a flexible hose here isn't the best option. Best bet here is to get 3/16 metal brake line and splice it in with line unions. All of these are obtainable at any local parts store. Cut the metal line before and after the hole, removing the section with the hole. Cut the 3/16 metal line to fit in the space and then join each end to the existing line using union fittings (view fittings here:https://goo.gl/Fo1ez4 ). Use a metal tube cutter tool to cut the holed-section out (view tool here:https://goo.gl/s6geA8 )

Please be kind enough to leave a rating for our Q&A using the 'stars' at the top of the page or click 'Accept' when I have answered all your questions. A 5-star rating is very much appreciated! Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra.