A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE
Experience:  ASE Master Certified. ASE Gasoline Engine Performance Certified,Ford Senior Master Technician
14865528

Have a 2010 lincoln town car and the anti theft light keeps

have a 2010 lincoln town car and the anti theft light keeps blinking even when the alarm is disarmed.
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Have you tried to reset the computer?
Customer: How would I reset the computer and what does that do?
JA: Are you fixing your Town Car yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I tried to reset the security system by entering the factory codes, holding 3-4 and pressing and releasing 7-8 twice before releasing 3-4
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Believe the continiously blinking antitheft light is draining the battery.

The anti theft light will blink until the vehicle is started. It will not drain the battery. It takes very little to almost no voltage to blink the light. If the battery is draining overnight or a couple of days, either the battery is internally failing or you have another electrical component draining the battery and a Current Draw test will have to be performed to locate the cause of the drain.