Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Lincoln

I have a 2008 Lincoln MKZ with dual climate heated cooled

seats. the drivers side heat...
I have a 2008 Lincoln MKZ with dual climate heated cooled seats. the drivers side heat wont work. it comes on for about a minute then goes off. I can hear fa come on. Does this have a heating element
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/13/2017
A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE

There are heating elements in the seat back and the seat bottom cushion. If the Heated Seat Module detects an open circuit or a short, it will shut the heated seats off.

what do the heater elements look like and is there wiring diagram so i can check for open or short> I had the seat completely out and apart yesterday I didn"t see any element or wires going to anything in the seat or back

The heating elements are located between the seat foam cushion and the seat cover.

See below for the pin point test we follow the wiring diagrams.

Sorry, those were for a 2010. The correct ones are below.

ok thank you let try those later today and i will let you know what i found.

Sounds good. Please keep me informed.

Am I suppose to be checking the connectors under the driver side seat or passenger side

Just the drivers seat.

Okay I m under the drivers seat and there are 5 connectors 1 looks like Main then 4 going to a control box of some sort but I don't see the color wire the troubleshooting guide is calling for. Which one from the picture should I be testing
When I go to fordparts.com and enter my VIN then search for heating element nothing comes up. Is it possible the element is in the motors?

They are heater mats. Below are exploded pictures of the seats to help you see the parts. Below is what the connector looks like and below are the location of the wiring connectors.

Here is the bottom of the seat and all connectors I do not see the one you sent a picture of. Unless it is on module under the passenger seat. It works fine in cooling just not heat and both fans run. I am just trying to repair wo the 1200.00 cost the dealer wants thank you again for your patience with me

Can you send me a picture of your AC control panel with the heated/cooled seat switches?

Below is your set up. You have the dual electronic climate control with the heated/cooled seats. You do not have a heater mat.

Ford had two different systems set up in the 2008 MKZ.

if I don't have a heater mat then how is the seat heated? Is it all in the fan itself?
Thanks that does look like a connector I have
I am a hvac guy by trade and mechanic sometimes on the easy stuff.

Thermo-electric device (TED) and blower assembly within each front seat cushion and backrest. It has a built in element that heats the air for heat.

Thanks found bad lower heater in fan system thank you so much. How do I finish this and pay you?

Just accept my answers.

A. Penland
A. Penland
A. Penland