Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2005 Lincoln LS cooling fan won't come on, I had to replace…

Customer Question
2005 Lincoln LS cooling...

2005 Lincoln LS cooling fan won't come on

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your LS yourself? What have you tried so far?

I had to replace a water pump and a thermostat including the housing. All works great except fan won't come on and engine overheats after about 10 minutes

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle ever overheated? And when was it last serviced?

Yes, it's overheated a few times in the past and I service my own cars

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Lincoln
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/6/2017
Lincoln Mechanic: EricFromCT, Technician replied 1 year ago
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Technician

Hi. Welcome to chat! My name is ***** ***** have been a dealer tech for 20 years. I will attempt to assist you with your concern today.

You could have a problem with the engine cooling fan motor. Do you have a test light to check for power to the cooling fan motor?

Please also note that customer satisfaction is my number one goal and rating this chat session 3 or more stars will keep the chat open for further follow up questions you may have.

CLICK HERE for rating system example.

Please read this:

Understand it's not one response and done. We can communicate back and forth many times.

1. I am an independent FACTORY DEALER auto mechanic and also work for Just Answer.

2. When you're pleased or happy with my assistance or efforts to help you, at the top of the screen please rate me or reply and say "I'm satisfied".

3. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to ask follow up questions.

Thanks for using Just Answer.