Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 2001 lincoln ls v8. I have been driving it around…

Customer Question
I have a 2001 lincoln...
I have a 2001 lincoln ls v8. I have been driving it around today to see if anything is wrong with it (It's been sitting for about 3 years) everything was going good until I was driving and it just died as if it ran out of gas, but I have a full tank,the battery is new. Now it'll stay cranked and running for about 20 seconds then cut off.any idea?
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Lincoln
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/6/2017
Lincoln Mechanic: David Craig, Auto Mechanic replied 11 months ago
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site. did you clean out the gas tank before firing it up?

No I did not but before this happen I had driven about 50-60 miles. I've also replaced the fuel filter and fuel pump.

theres a possibility that you sucked up some crud that on on the bottom of the tank and clogged up the sock on the bottom of the pump and possibly the filter.

what do I need to do?

disconnect the fuel filter and turn the key on and see if any gas comes out

I replaced the filter yesterday after it stopped working.

you can still disconnect it to see if the pumps pumping

hows it going?

I disconnected it. The pump is pumping.

ok

im going to open this up to others to chime in on the problem. good luck

Okay thank you. Is someone just gonna messege me?
Lincoln Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 11 months ago
Dan, Technician

Check to see if it runs on starting fluid and let me know, thanks.