Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a ford 2002 taurus. brake fluid is dripping from a y…

Customer Question
I have a ford 2002...
I have a ford 2002 taurus. brake fluid is dripping from a y shaped tube mounted to the firewall on to the cataylic converter. The y tube is made of steel but has 2 rubber hoses curving into fire wall.I dont understand y brake fluid would be going throu rubber hoses to passanger side of car? So help me to understand how to fix leak. Thank you.
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Lincoln
8/5/2017
Lincoln Mechanic: Kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech replied 11 months ago
Kalamykid
Kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech

Can you send me a pic of where you think the fluid is leaking please?

Lincoln Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 11 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to Justanswer!

It sounds as if you have a leaking brake line which will need to be fabricated and replaced, but I'd need to see the actual leak point.

You opted out the person helping, preventing further communication. Did you no longer need help?