sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 17 years dealership experience
9825021

I have a ford 2002 taurus. brake fluid is dripping from a y

Customer Question

I have a ford 2002 taurus. brake fluid is dripping from a y shaped tube mounted to the firewall on to the cataylic converter. The y tube is made of steel but has 2 rubber hoses curving into fire wall.I dont understand y brake fluid would be going throu rubber hoses to passanger side of car? So help me to understand how to fix leak. Thank you.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Kalamykid replied 2 months ago.

Can you send me a pic of where you think the fluid is leaking please?

Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Justanswer!

It sounds as if you have a leaking brake line which will need to be fabricated and replaced, but I'd need to see the actual leak point.

You opted out the person helping, preventing further communication. Did you no longer need help?