Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner at Baltic investments
99232115

My 2001 Lincoln MKX tailgate quit working today after making

Customer Question

hi my 2001 Lincoln MKX tailgate quit working today after making some odd sounds for about a month or so. It just won't lift or close under power. Most importantly the dash indicate the liftgate is open regardless if it's closed or not now leaving the interior lights on while driving at night...not fun
JA: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?
Customer: 2011
JA: Are you fixing your MKX yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: tried nothing, just frustrated
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: i think that is it
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Mechanic01 replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required.

There is actually a TSB for that, I would call the dealer to make sure it has not yet been performed on the vehicle.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi, and thanks for the info. I am aware of this problem but it is different from the total failure of the tailgate that I am currently experiencing. Thanks again, I've made an appointment with the local dealership.

sounds good, let me know if you have any more questions.

Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. Giving me a 5 star rating would be appreciated very much .You can do this rating at the box on the upper right hand corner. This will not close our chat session and at no extra charge we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free! Providing a rating is the only way I will receive credit for my work with you.