Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Lincoln
2499435

I just received a new remote fob for my 2016 Lincoln MKZ. I

Customer Question

I just received a new remote fob for my 2016 Lincoln MKZ. I am trying to program it, not I can't find right instructions to do so.
JA: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Lincoln MKZ. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?
Customer: not right now I will at a later date
Category: Lincoln
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
it is a 2016 Lincoln 5 Button Smart Remote
OEM Lincoln Keyless Entry J7T-15K601-AF
164R7991
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 2 months ago.

Hi. Welcome to chat! My name is ***** ***** have been a dealer tech for 20 years. I will attempt to assist you with your concern today.

This is a push button start? If so, are you putting the key fob into the backup slot?

Please also note that customer satisfaction is my number one goal and rating this chat session 5 stars will keep the chat open for further follow up questions you may have.

CLICK HERE for rating system example.

Please read this:

Understand it's not one answer and done. We can communicate back and forth many times.

1. I am an independent FACTORY DEALER auto mechanic and also work for Just Answer.

2. When you're pleased or happy with my assistance or efforts to help you, at the top of the screen please rate me or reply and say "I'm satisfied".

3. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to follow up.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am, I need all of the steps so that I can start using the key. What do I do once I place the fob key in the slot ?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
You can cancel my inquiry, I just found out that I need two programed keys to program my new key. Please refund my $5.00. Thank you in advance