Todd M
Todd M,
Experience:  Technician at Montgomery Motors
97226864

I am trying to find the fuse for my 2013 Lincoln MKZ window

Customer Question

Hello, I am trying to find the fuse for my 2013 Lincoln MKZ window washer.
JA: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to help find that for your Lincoln MKZ. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?
Customer: I was told that it was #45 and in the interior on the passenger side, but I can't find the fuse box.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Todd M replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. Here I am providing the electrical information and the description and operation of the wiper/washer system. The washer pump is activated by the wiper motor. There is no dedicated fuse for the washer pump. The is a relay for the washer pump located inside of the wiper motor that controls the washer.

Washer Pump

The washer pump is controlled by the windshield wiper motor. The washer pump delivers washer fluid to the windshield when the windshield wiper motor activates the windshield washer relay (internal to the windshield wiper motor), which provides voltage to the washer pump.
Expert:  Todd M replied 2 months ago.

Fuse #1 in the battery junction box is for the wiper motor. Here I am providing fuse box information and location for this vehicle. If the windshield wipers are working, then the issue is likely going to be the relay inside the wiper motor.

If you require more information on this issue and/or are not satisfied, let me know, please, and I will attempt to assist you further on this. I hope this information points you in the right direction. If you have any further questions or concerns on this issue, feel free to ask. If you are satisfied, and have found this information helpful, a positive rating would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

A positive rating does not close the session. We will still be able to communicate and I will continue to assist you with this issue as needed.