Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Lincoln

Suspension all the way down, I can jumper relay and pump…

Customer Question
Suspension all the way...

Suspension all the way down, I can jumper relay and pump runs and pumps air but does not lift the vehicle. All height sensors are hooked up

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?

120000 yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Lincoln?

2003 4x4

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just jumping the compressor and checking the height sensors for being connected

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Lincoln
8/2/2017
Lincoln Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 6 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started.

Quite often the air suspension module is to blame for this. The module reads the height sensors, and controls the compressor relay and the air bag solenoids that allow them to open and accept the pressurized air. Do you own a diagnostic tool? I can help diagnose this if you have that kind of skill. Have you given any thought a spring conversion kit, they are cheap in comparison to repair cost.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

I have a scan tool. I can read live data, but can't find the suspension data.

It takes a pretty sophisticated scan tool to diagnose the air suspension. Most generic tools can not.

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician