HDGene
HDGene, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  25 year ASE Master Technician & Advanced Drivability L1 Certified Ford Senior Master Technician
285738

2004 cd player has cd error message ,wont eject or recieve,

Customer Question

2004 cd player has cd error message ,wont eject or recieve
JA: Have you checked the fuse?
Customer: no but everything else works
JA: What is the model of your '04 Lincoln?
Customer: aviator
JA: Are you fixing your Aviator yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: just bought used and was trying all the options ,will try fixing mtself
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no ,I don't think so
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  HDGene replied 2 months ago.

Hello, and thank you for using Just Answer! My name is***** me a few moments to review your question and Ill do my best to assist you.

Expert:  HDGene replied 2 months ago.

Hello, this is an internal fault with the cd player, if there is no cd jammed in the player, its an electronic board issue. The best thing to do if you want to keep this cd player is to send it out thru your local lincoln dealer for it to be repaired or replace the unit with an aftermarket system. It usually takes a few days from start to finish to send out and repair the cd unit. The vehicle can be operated without it. One day to remove in and another to reinstall it. Definitely be a few hundred bucks at minimum to send it out and have it repaired.

Expert:  HDGene replied 2 months ago.

If you need more help or information, please let me know. If I was helpful, please leave a positive rating using the 5 stars above so I get credit for helping you.