Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Lincoln
2499435

Not sure. This morning my battery was dead. I jumped it and

Customer Question

Not sure. This morning my battery was dead. I jumped it and it started fine, but now the windows are rolling up slow, the dash alarms came on momentarily, the vent system would not turn on in all directions. Each time I get in the car, it seems something new electrical is wrong. Is there an easy answer for what is going wrong? Just acted up this morning
JA: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?
Customer: I did not. I do know how to change out a battery. Could that be the cause of all the funny stuff going on?
JA: What is the model/year of your Lincoln?
Customer: 2010 MKZ
JA: Are you fixing your MKZ yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am not. I have always had services done at a Ford dealer. I do not work on it myself.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not really. Just seems like the electrical system is acting weird
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Edward replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do all I can to help.

Expert:  Edward replied 2 months ago.

This does sound like a low voltage issue to me, when the vehicle was running did you still experience these issues? After you ran the vehicle for a good while did you have to jump it again to get it to start? or is it starting fine now that you jumped it off and ran it awhile? Let us know, thank you.