HDGene
HDGene, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  25 year ASE Master Technician & Advanced Drivability L1 Certified Ford Senior Master Technician
285738

Lite flashes code 34, Lite in dash after it flashes the code

Customer Question

Lite flashes code 34
JA: Just to clarify, can you tell me which light it is? And does it blink first, then stay on steady?
Customer: Lite in dash after it flashes the code then remains on.
JA: What is the model/year of your Lincoln?
Customer: 2005 town car signature
JA: Are you fixing your Town Car yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Checked under seat for loose or broken wire. Nothing
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Thts it. Trying to get car inspected. Car is two owner vehicle including me.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  HDGene replied 2 months ago.

Hello, and thank you for using Just Answer! My name is***** me a few moments to review your question and Ill do my best to assist you.

Expert:  HDGene replied 2 months ago.

Hello, the resistance value of the passenger side seat belt pretensioner is flagging this fault as you seem to already know. If the wiring is secure and plugged in properly the pretensioner has most likely failed. But there is the possibility of an issue with the Restraint control module itself. Without the use of a scan tool it is hard to monitor and test the circuit, the pretensioners are a common fault, the choice is your to gamble and replace the pretensioner and retest or to have the pinpoint test for this code run by a shop or dealer with the proper diagnostic equipment.

Expert:  HDGene replied 2 months ago.

If you need more help or information, please let me know. If I was helpful, please leave a positive rating using the 5 stars above so I get credit for helping you.