TECHPRO49
TECHPRO49, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner at Baltic investments
99232115

Replaced the intake manifold, While putting on the throttle

Customer Question

Replaced the intake manifold
JA: What is the model/year of your Lincoln?
Customer: While putting on the throttle body
JA: What year is your Lincoln?
Customer: 1997
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Replace intake manifold
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  TECHPRO49 replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required.

How can I help you today

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Replaced intake
Putting new dorman intake
While putting throttle body snapped one bolt off
Three remain
How to fix or leave aloneNote dorman is plastic with ferrels where bolt broke

You should able to drill that out, just make sure no shavings get into the intake, you have to be dead center though and its a one time shot, make sure to punch the center before drilling, they have left handed bit kits for that and if your luckey it will pull the bolt out while your drilling

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Should I try and leave it
Seems really snug with just the three bolts?

if your not getting any vacuum leaks and shes runs ok that is a option too. Worse case is you have some running problems and you have to drill it out later.

Let me know how it works out

Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. Giving me a 5 star rating would be appreciated very much .You can do this rating at the box on the upper right hand corner. This will not close our chat session and at no extra charge we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free! Providing a rating is the only way I will receive credit for my work with you.

Please also note that you are getting 20 years of electrical and mechanical knowledge and experience at a fraction of the cost of a dealer, giving me a rating is the ONLY way im compensated for my time and knowledge, I hope that you will respect this by giving me a 5 star rating as customer satisfaction is my number one goal. You can do this rating at the box on the upper right hand corner. This will not close our chat session and at no extra charge we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free for 3 more weeks!