Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Lincoln
2499435

Stuck in park. had a broken brake wire at switch.

Customer Question

stuck in park.
JA: Do you have brake lights? Have any trouble codes popped up?
Customer: had a broken brake wire at switch. reconnected an wont come out of park. have brake lights now
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercury?
Customer: 2003 lincoln aviator
JA: Are you fixing your Aviator yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: taken apart shifter. all ok. reconnected brake wires at switch
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: screw was out on shifter knob when i disassembled it. put back in. spring ok
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  TECHPRO49 replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Have worked on cars most of my life

Ok good ill send you the flow chart and this should be a breeze.

If the circuits at the shift lock actuator assembly show a brake input signal as well as proper power and ground, replace the transmission shift lever assembly. The actuator is shown to not be serviced separately from the shift lever on this vehicle.

Hows it coming?