EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Technician
Experience:  ASE, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master, Diesel, Kia Professional Elite
34559540

I have a 2011 Navigator that this morning would not start

Customer Question

I have a 2011 Navigator that this morning would not start and I could not shift from P to N. the running boards come down / up okay as I got in the car. Tailgate opened okay but would not close when I used the button to close. Had to close manually.
JA: Are you fixing your Navigator yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just happened. No I'm not very good fixing things like this. I'm trying figure out if there is something easy like using jumper cables.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think this describes the situation / symptoms
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 2 months ago.

Hi. Welcome to chat! My name is ***** ***** have been a dealer tech for 20 years. I will attempt to assist you with your concern today.

It does sound like you may just have a weak battery. I suggest you do try using jumper cables and then seeing if the car will start. Or if you have a charger you can leave the battery on for a while and see if that helps. If it does help you may need to replace the battery.

Please also note that customer satisfaction is my number one goal and rating this chat session 5 stars will keep the chat open for further follow up questions you may have.

CLICK HERE for rating system example.

Please read this:

Understand it's not one answer and done. We can communicate back and forth many times.

1. I am an independent FACTORY DEALER auto mechanic and do not work for Just Answer.

2. When you're pleased or happy with my assistance or efforts to help you, at the top of the screen please rate me or reply and say "I'm satisfied".

3. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to follow up.

Thanks for using Just Answer, Eric