Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Lincoln
2499435

The driver power seat, passenger front window, driver rear

Customer Question

The driver power seat, passenger front window, driver rear window, moonroof, left turn signal dash indicator, the bright light indicator, the right side of the climate control all quit working and the transmission isn't shifting right and the car has a loss of power
JA: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?
Customer: yes
JA: What is the model/year of your Lincoln?
Customer: 2000 Lincoln ls
JA: Are you fixing your LS yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I've been though all the fuses and relays. I've searched for any kind of animal chew. Also the traction control light is flashing
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think that's it
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  TECHPRO49 replied 3 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required.

Does this problem seem to correlate with anything or is it just out of the blue ?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
it did all start at once, however the car did have a shifting problem before it started and I replaced all the sensors which did not help. So I assume there to be a hard problem seeing has the 5r55n is prone to problems so I had Shiftrite Transmission build me a new one. The trans Arrived and that when it started when I started it to pull it in the shop. I went ahead and installed the new trans thinking it was probably unrelated, but now I'm thinking it may have been the PCM the whole time. I just don't know if all of these problems could be connected to that
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
you can text me at(###) ###-####

I cant do any business outside of this service, we have to talk on here, So have you traced out all the major grounds, I have fixed quite a few where the grounds have been clean snapped off

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I've inspected most of it I haven't found anything loose. I just went out to the shop and plugged it back in and while ago it was not reading any codes now its got a bunch. Misfires on 1 3 5 8; and a 3rd gear incorrect ratio, pressure control solenoid A
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Its like half the car isn't working

can you send me the numbers for those codes, I dont the the misfires just the others

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
p0733, p0745, p1000, p0300

is that the 3.0 or 3.9

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
3.9

Im reading the rem moudule grounds can cause this but having a hard time finding a diagram,

there are several locations, I would pull carpet and in trunk and inspect all grounds for issues

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
ok Ill check em
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I've checked took apart and cleaned all that I can find and I'm still not getting anything to work
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I've found 5 big grounds I don't know how many there should be
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
also there is a box in the driver side kick panel that is clicking when I press the window switches

Ok im gonna be gone tomorrow so ill opt out and let another tech pick this back up and help you find with the issue is.

Expert:  Davehop replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JA...Are you still in need of assistance?