Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Lincoln_vehicle_mechanic
20625509

All exterior lights work except I have no indicator for turn

Customer Question

all exterior lights work except I have no indicator for turn signal rt or left or hi bem on the dash. flasher cannot be heard even though turn signals
JA: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?
Customer: fuses are ok but don't know how to check dash bd bulbs, but unlikely three of them would become inoperable simultaneously. according to manual there is a lighting circuit bd. where is it?
JA: What is the model/year of your Lincoln?
Customer: 2001 town car executive
JA: Are you fixing your Town Car yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I hope so and all I have done so far is check fuses. don't know where anything else is located. All light bulbs work except the three indicaters
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: is it necessary to remove dash instrument panel to check anything
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Mike S. replied 12 days ago.

Hi, I am Mike, welcome. I'm reviewing your question.

Expert:  Mike S. replied 12 days ago.

the turn indicators are fed from the very same wire that feeds the front turn signals, but I do see a splice for each near the breakout for the multi-function switch in the main harness. I would use a voltmeter and test there for voltage at splice S257 for the left urn and splice S244 for the right and turn the key to run and turn signal in the direction you are testing.

here is that wiring diagram,

The high beam indicator is most likely a separate problem unless of course the harness is damaged where both run, but here is that wiring diagram.

Check those wires as well between the instrument cluster high beam indicator and the lighting control module.

Did that answer your question? If so, kindly leave me a positive rating, so I get credit. After all, you have already made the deposit.
If you don't, the deposit you made will just sit there and I won't get my share of it.