roybelding
roybelding, Master Tech/Trainer
Experience:  35 years of retail operations on all vehicles
3506196

There is a little play in the steering wheel, when i move it

there is a little play in the steering wheel, when i move it left or right it will dart in that direction and is difficult to keep it straight . the front end steering rods and such are tight and has been aligned . it seems to me the steering box needs to be adjusted but don't know if that is possable
JA: How has the car been driving lately?
Customer: terrable , has to keep correcting
JA: What year is your Dart?
Customer: it's a 2000 town car
JA: Are you fixing your Dart yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: it's not a dart, its a town car and i intend to do it myself
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you. please allow me a couple of minutes to gather some basic info.

Roy

if there is play in the steering box, it should have been picked up at the alignment. it is part of a front end alignment.

yes, it can be adjusted. there is a lock nut on the top of the box that can be released and you can tighten down on the adjuster. you adjust just until the play goes away. make sure the steering does not bind going over center.

Roy

please take a moment and rate my service. please hit 5 stars so the site will pay me for my efforts. it is the only way we get paid for our efforts.

Roy

do you need any other help??