Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

2002 Lincoln ls just blows the ignition fuse, According to

Customer Question

2002 Lincoln ls just blows the ignition fuse
JA: Do all the fuses have the correct amperage for the circuits they're in?
Customer: According to the book yes
JA: Are you fixing your LS yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Put new coils in due to it saying all 4 o2 are bad and the fan went bad so I wired that to constant to a non used fuse
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: The ignition fuse is in the trunk and the fuse I used for the fan is under passenger side
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Did the fuse shorting out issue occur after these components were replaced/wired in?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I think it's the direct word of the fan to the fuse panel on ignition .... gonna putt that and see and try doing it to a switch
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

O.k.,if the fan is drawing to many amps this can cause this fault here and the fan motor would need replaced.I have seen this cause this fault before and can be intermittent in some cases.If re wiring this corrects the issue here I would see about replacing the fan motor assembly and wiring it back to factory.You can run a toggle switch if you want but keep in mind it may cause the check engine light to come on.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
1242 and 1676 show up on my hvac unit when I run a diagnostic
Do I need a blend door a new unit or a control valve
Won't blow hot air
2002 Lincoln ls 3.9 v8
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

Code 1242 is a code for recirculation door actuator circuit fault.In most all cases this is the recirculation/fresh air actuator at fault needing replaced.

Code B1676 sets when there is a battery voltage issue.

If this fuse is affecting the voltage signal to the actuators and heater controls this can cause this issue here.

I dont see a code for the temp actuator but if your blowing only cold air with the engine warmed up and running and heater switched on see if both heater core hoses are hot to the touch.If one is allot cooler then the other then the heater core itself may be restricted needing flushed out or replaced.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete