Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Lincoln
2499435

Replaced air springs, compressor is working, but it will not

Customer Question

Hi, replaced air springs, compressor is working, but it will not raise up
JA: How long has this been an issue? How many miles are on the car?
Customer: About 120K, springs were leaking, just replaced them last week
JA: What is the model/year of your Lincoln?
Customer: 2004 Town Car
JA: Are you fixing your Town Car yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Since cars rear would drop every 6 hours or so, I've replaced springs. That was logical, checked the hight switch, resistance changes. So I think it is ok. And yes switch in trunk is on
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not really, maybe the running pressure of the compressor...?
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 5 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I'm here to help 365 days a year, but not every hour of the day. I try to prevent delays as much as possible. Please understand I am not there and can only advise based on what you tell me. Let's get started.

If the compressor is running but the rear is not raising that means the module is not commanding the air solenoids on or those solenoids are faulty. Can you check to see if the solenoids will open and close when remotely powered?

Please make sure to rate my answer prior to logging off, as this is how I get credit for helping you. If you have not yet received 5 star excellent service from me. Please follow up so you get everything from me that you expected from the deposit you have already paid, which I get nothing of till you rate me. Rating does not close the post nor prevent replying at a later date.

Thanks Moose

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. If not please reply so we can resolve your issue together.

Thanks Chris