sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

ABS light just went on in the dasboard, do not know how....

Customer Question

ABS light just went on in the dasboard
JA: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?
Customer: do not know how....
JA: What is the model/year of your Lincoln?
Customer: 2006 Navigator
JA: Are you fixing your Navigator yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: just noticed it driving home the other day...
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are several things that will cause the ABS light to come on and it will require some testing to determine the cause of the problem.

The ABS light comes on when the ABS module sees a failure in a monitored component and sets a fault code. The problem could be anything from the brake switch to the module itself, wiring, the hydraulic control unit and pump motor, wheel speed sensors, the steering angle sensor or yaw sensor. The most common cause of an ABS light would be a bad wheel speed sensor.

The first step in diagnosing the problem will be to use a scan tool to see what fault codes have set in the ABS module and then testing can be done from there based on the findings.

I hope that helps! My goal is your satisfaction today. If you feel I've been professional and helpful, your 5-star rating at this time is most appreciated. However, if you still need my help you can reply back here and I'll respond as soon as possible! Thank you!