A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE
Experience:  ASE Master Certified. ASE Gasoline Engine Performance Certified,Ford Senior Master Technician
14865528

I have a 2006 Lincoln LS advance trac light blinks and

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Lincoln LS advance trac light blinks and display reads check advance trac
I pulled the following codes C2777 and C1998
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  A. Penland replied 9 months ago.

Lets look at C2777. C1998 is a result of the C2777.

The problem most of the time is cause by the Yaw Rate Sensor.

The sensor cluster (also called the yaw rate sensor) consists of the longitudinal and lateral accelerometer. The lateral accelerometer measures the acceleration which corresponds to the force involved when the vehicle slides sideways. This acceleration has 2 forms. The first is the centrifugal acceleration which is generated when the vehicle travels around in a circle. The second is the acceleration due to gravity. On level ground there is no contribution from this acceleration. However, if the vehicle is parked sideways on a bank or incline, the sensor will measure some lateral acceleration due to gravity even though the vehicle is not moving.

The yaw rate sensor measures the relative vehicle motion about the vertical axis through its center of gravity.

It is located under the center console. See the directions below.

After the repair, the ABS module and Yaw Rate sensor will need to be properly calibrated to completely clear the codes. You will need to take it to a repair shop that can do this with the proper scan tool.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Took the car to have the new yaw sensor calibrated and they could not get it to calibrate. The tech said it was rare that the yaw sensor goes out (said he's only seen one) and that it was either a wiring issue or the abs module has gone bad.