Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Lincoln
2499435

2007 Lincoln navigator did oil change and it started to

Customer Question

2007 Lincoln navigator did oil change and it started to stutter.
JA: When was your last oil change?
Customer: 2 days aho
JA: Are you fixing your Navigator yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It was fine I did and oil change my self and for some reason it stutters and has no power. I tried to reset the pcm by disconnecting the ground
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 6 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner till early morning.

Stutters meaning a misfire is felt?

Ay warning lights on?

Was this immediate after the oil change?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No it fine the day of oil change. It just started yesterday. RPMs won't rev more than 3. I tried to reset the throttle system since it electronic. I started after rest and starts fine for a couple of seconds then it goes back to stuttering. It idles fine at 1rpm but then it drops to 1/2 rpm

Is the max 3000 rpm in drive or park?

Any warning lights on?

What viscosity oil was used?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
max is 3 in park oil engine light came on 10-30

Step one is to get the right engine oil into the vehicle. You should be running 5-20 synthetic blend. The correct oil is needed for correct cam timing. All of these issues can be caused by the cams not adjusting correct from the wrong oil.

In park there is a rev limiter that prevents damaging the engine reving it with no load.

Please read this:

1. Understand it's not one answer and done. We can communicate back and forth many times.
  2. I do not work at or for Just Answer. You and I can only communicate on this page.
  3. When you're pleased or happy with my answer or efforts to help you. At the top of the screen please rate me or reply and say ( I'm pleased.)
  4. When I help you I am only paid from your question value deposit when you rate me on this screen. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to follow up.

Thanks for using Just Answer, Chris

Hello again Chris here,

1. I have to assume you were not pleased with my help, because you have not replied or rated the post.
  2. What would you like to do regarding your question now?
  3. Do you still need help? Please reply I want you to get equal to or more than what you paid for.
  4. This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. That can prevent me from being able to post answers to your replies.

Thanks Chris