A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE
Experience:  ASE Master Certified. ASE Gasoline Engine Performance Certified,Ford Senior Master Technician
14865528

I changed out the throttle Position sensor. the car runs on

Customer Question

I changed out the throttle Position sensor. the car runs on idle roughtly but will no accelarte
JA: Does the vehicle hesitate during acceleration? Or maybe speed up suddenly when you aren't even hitting the gas?
Customer: idles roughly only
JA: What is the model/year of your Lincoln?
Customer: 2007 navigator L
JA: Are you fixing your Navigator yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: changed out Throttle sensor only
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: will idle roughly when pressed down on the accelerator it does not change
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  A. Penland replied 8 months ago.

Did you replace the complete throttle body or only the Throttle Position Sensor?
What trouble codes did you get from the PCM (Engine Computer) that lead you to this?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I replaced only the throttle sensor. I get a wrench sign

You will need to replace the complete throttle body. Also, have the vehicle checked for trouble codes causing the wrench light. The problem could be in the electrical motor on the other side of the throttle body.