Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Lincoln

I just replaced heater core in 1997 towncar now blows hot

Customer Question
but not cold JA: Have you...
i just replaced heater core in 1997 towncar now blows hot but not cold
JA: Have you checked to make sure the thermostat is working? What about the coolant level?
Customer: i might have reinstalled vac lines to wrong door actuator
JA: What is the model of your '97 Lincoln?
Customer: towncar
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes tried swapping lines with dash in place but cannot see much
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: is it possible heater hoses may be swapped can cause this
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Lincoln
11/27/2016
Lincoln Mechanic: David Craig, Auto Mechanic replied 1 year ago
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site. if the heater hoses are swapped it will not cause this problem

the blend door isnt working.

do all the other functions work when you select them? like floor, vent, defrost? do they all switch correctly?

checking in to see how its going

Lincoln Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 1 year ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner till early morning.

So far this sounds like the electronic blend door actuator is bad or the door is mechanically stuck. Have you checked for either of these possible causes to blame?

Please read this:

1. Understand it's not one answer and done. We can communicate back and forth many times.
  2. I do not work at or for Just Answer. You and I can only communicate on this page.
  3. When you're pleased or happy with my answer or efforts to help you. At the top of the screen please rate me or reply and say ( I'm pleased.)
  4. When I help you I am only paid from your question value deposit when you rate me on this screen. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to follow up.

Thanks for using Just Answer, Chris

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician