Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Lincoln

My 2005 Lincoln, while parked and off, will automatically

Customer Question
depress the brake pedal and...
My 2005 Lincoln, while parked and off, will automatically depress the brake pedal and make noises until the battery dies
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Lincoln
11/21/2016
Lincoln Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 1 year ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner past midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet for the question fees you have already paid.
  • I can help with this question.
  • Reply and let me know when your able to work on this concern.
  • Is the noise the ABS motor running?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What is the ABS motor? It is a very quiet sound and something that should not be happening while the vehicle is parked and turned off

The ABS motor is what purges the brake fluid to the brakes in the event of an ABS stopping event.

Are the brake lights on when this issue is occurring?

Where do the noises you hear appear to be coming from and what do they could like?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No brake lights on. Noise is directly behind the brake pedal. If you tap the pedal, it lets go. Issue returns within minutes

If you open the hood can you hear the noise there as well? If you place your hand on the ABS can you feel this noise? The ABS module faulty looks to be the cause so far.

What now

1. You have asked a question.
  2. You have paid a deposit and received an info request and or answer(s).
  3. Now it is time to follow up if needed or rate my answer, hopefully 5 STAR EXCELLENT. Sometimes the rating fails, responding with (I am a pleased) will suffice.
  4. You are more than welcome to still follow up. I want you pleased with me and my answer(s).

Thanks for using Just Answer, and rating me so I am compensated, Chris

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I can hear it more from in the cabin than from under the hood... looking up where that is located

The ABS is on the drivers frame rail under the hood?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok, new problem. I think we killed the battery because it won't jump. Will take battery in tomorrow to test and possibly replace (yesterday, it jumped mad fired up no problem) I did leave jumper cables on and pulled the fuse to ABS. Doesn't happen now.

Keep in touch and let me know the results.

Lincoln Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 12 months ago

Hello again Chris here,

1. I have to assume you were not pleased with my help, because you have not replied or rated the post.
  2. What would you like to do regarding your question now?
  3. Do you still need help? Please reply I want you to get equal to or more than what you paid for.
  4. This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. That can prevent me from being able to post answers to your replies.

Thanks Chris

Ok, just replaced the battery and we have the same issue... this issue definitely ruined the other battery. I had pulled that fuse as well. Went I turned the key, there was a snap, all the dash lights turned off and that noise with the depressed pedal issue started right off

Have you found out what is making the noise yet?

I can't tell... it is in the firewall right behind the brake pedal. None of the fuses are blown. When I put the new battery on and turned the key to accessory, everything was normal. When I turned to start, immediate shutdown and I couldn't get it to a point where accessory worked again. Disconnected battery. Got a warranty on this new battery, which I might need to use.

We must listen and feel around and find the source of this noise, the original question you opened here. Have you checked the ABS as I prior mentioned?

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician