Ronnie
Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as an automotive tech
7276279

02 lincoln ls with the 3.0 and dual heater core (3 pipes)

Customer Question

02 lincoln ls with the 3.0 and dual heater core (3 pipes) hot water coming out engine bleed and hot coming out of the core bleed. I still have no heat RPM's do not make a difference.
JA: Have you checked to make sure the thermostat is working? What about the coolant level?
Customer: Temp always rises at a steady rate and levels out about mid way so i do not believe thermostat is bad. And also flushed the whole system including running water through heater core connections
JA: Are you fixing your LS yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Switched top hose with bleeders incase it was sucking air. Disconnected DCCV and reconnected to see if it wasn't working correct ( one forum stated that if you disconnected valve it would automatically open. Ran diagnostics on control unit. Received no codes.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Only blew heat for about 10 seconds after flush. And that was at around 2500 RPM's nothing since
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Ronnie replied 11 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Expert:  Ronnie replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. The most common cause for the lack of heat on your 2002 LS is in most cases caused by a failing Dual Coolant Control Valve (DCCV_ providing the Auxiliary Coolant Pump is working. I would start first with checking the DCCV. I have enclosed the steps to do this in the link below. Run these steps and let me know the results and we can work from there is need be.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Coolan%20control%20valve%20Nov%2019.pdf

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
My car is the v6 i believe the aux pump is only on the v8
Expert:  Ronnie replied 11 months ago.

Yes that is correct, your 3.0 dose not use the pump. Let get the DCCV checked and we can work from there if need be.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Im going from near 0 volts on high heat to 1.8 on the lowest temp
Expert:  Ronnie replied 11 months ago.

Is the heater hose coming into the valve hot?

Expert:  Ronnie replied 11 months ago.

With the voltage reading your getting it sounds like the Temperature Control module is not controlling the valve.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hose going in bottom connector on back side extremely hot hoses going out no where near
Expert:  Ronnie replied 11 months ago.

That means the valve is not opening and with the voltage readings your getting is sounds like the TCM is the cause.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I will pull mod and check connections -- do you know which harness it is on
Expert:  Ronnie replied 11 months ago.

The connection is at the TCM . See the wiring diagrams for the complete system in the links below.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/AC%201%20Nov%2021.pdf

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/AC%202%20Nov%2021.pdf

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Is the TCM the same unit on the v8 as the v6
Expert:  Ronnie replied 11 months ago.

Yes it is the same unit.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you. Will let you know results after swap
Expert:  Ronnie replied 11 months ago.

Your welcome. good luck to you.