Kalamykid
Kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech
Experience:  I HAVE OWNED MY OWN SHOP FOR OVER THREE YEARS. I HAVE THE TOOLS AND SOFTWARE TO ANSWERE ALMOST ANY Q
5629372

How do you go about removing the oil pan from a 2004 Lincoln

Customer Question

how do you go about removing the oil pan from a 2004 Lincoln Towncar?
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Kalamykid replied 8 months ago.

The first thing you will have to do is raise the engine up about 8 inches. It is best to just remove the engine from the car to make sure you do not damage anything. But once you have the engine up you can just unbolt the pan and replace it. There is not much room to work if all you do is raise the engine up, but it can be done.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Can you please provide step by step instructions, preferably with illustrations.

I am sorry, but there are no illustrations for this. But you will need to remove the fan off of the front of the engine, remove the fan shroud, unbolt the motor mounts on both sides, use a engine host or a mini pick to lift the engine up, and then you can unbolt the oil pan from the bottom of the engine.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I'd like to repost the question for another expert to respond to.

ok