tims auto repair
tims auto repair, Mechanic
Experience:  have owned a repair shop for 25 years
14541291

2005 Lincoln ls replaced heater control valve thermostat

Customer Question

2005 Lincoln ls replaced heater control valve thermostat housing and coil #10,car passed inspection but still have some issue or code I 'm going to start with B1265, U2025, U2005, U2008 any body can give me more information than scanner that be grate
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  david craig replied 10 months ago.

Hi Im David ,thanks for visiting the site. allo w me some tme to pull that information for you. thank you.

B1265 - Servo Motor Coolair Bypass Circuit Failure

U2025 Code Description:

The poor running symptoms are consistent with a MAP sensor malfunction.

U2005 Audio Rear Integrated Control Panel Unit is Not Responding

U2008 Audio phone not responding

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I know that what's the solution

you only stated you you knew the number from the scanner. please be more specific next time. thank you. i will get you the solutons in a moment.

1265...The most common cause of the problem you are having is a defective DATC Module (Dual Automatic Temperature Control). If you need, I can send test procedures as well as replacement instructions.

Normal Operation

Under normal operation, the LH and RH discharge temperature sensors receive a ground from the Dual Automatic Temperature Control (DATC) module through circuit (LH) 9-FA47 (BN/GN)/9-FA3 (BN/BL) and (RH) 9-FA51 (BN/YE)/9-FA3 (BN/BL). A 5-volt reference voltage is supplied to the LH and RH discharge temperature sensors from the DATC module through circuits (LH) 8-FA47 (WH/GN) and (RH) 8-FA51 (WH/BK).

Possible Causes

• An open in circuit 9-FA47 (BN/GN) or 9-FA51 (BN/YE)
  • DATC module.

start with that one first.

you will only be able to determine the root cause of this code using a factory dealership scan tool to access the climate control system

View Full Image PINPOINT TEST K: THE DUAL TEMPERATURE CONTROL IS INOPERATIVE/DOES NOT OPERATE CORRECTLYTest StepResult / Action to TakeK1 VERIFY THE CONCERNNOTE: When carrying out this test step, allow time for the system to respond.With the engine at normal operating temperature, select PANEL mode and A/C on the DATC module.Using the driver side temperature control, set the driver side temperature to 16°C (60°F) and then set to 32°C (90°F).Do both the driver side and passenger side air temperatures go to full cool then to full heat?YesGO to K2. NoIf driver or passenger side only does not go to full cool and then full heat,GO to K6.K2 CHECK MODULE CONFIGURATIONEnter Module Identification mode.Enter the following diagnostic mode on the scan tool: PID CNFG Data.Does PID CNFG data read ON and 4N_3N_2Y?YesGO to K3. NoRECONFIGURE the DATC module.K3 REQUEST CONTINUOUS CODES AND CARRY OUT THE DATC SELF-TESTRequest Continuous DTCs and carry out the DATC Module Self-Test. Record the DTCs displayed, if any.Are any DTCs displayed?YesREFER to the DATC Module Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) Index. CARRY OUT the necessary diagnosis and REPAIR as necessary. NoGO to K4.K4 CHECK THE TEMPERATURE SENSORS FOR CORRECT INSTALLATIONIgnition OFF.Check the driver side, passenger side, evaporator core and ambient air temperature sensors for correct installation.Check the in-vehicle temperature sensor and venturi hose for correct installation.Are the sensors installed correctly?YesGO to K5. NoCORRECT the sensor installation. TEST the system for normal operation.K5 CHECK FOR CORRECT HEATER HOSE CONNECTIONSNOTE: The hose assembly that connects to the inboard port on the coolant control valve connects to the inboard port (driver side) on the heater core.Check the heater hose connections for correct installation.Are the heater hoses installed correctly?YesGO to K6. NoCORRECT the heater hose installation. TEST the system for normal operation.K6 CHECK FOR CORRECT COOLANT FLOW TO THE HEATER COREWARNING: The heater core inlet hoses will become too hot to handle and can cause serious burns if the system is working correctly. Failure to follow these instructions can result in personal injury.Remove the passenger side cowl cover.With the engine running at normal operating temperature and the DATC module set to 32°C (90°F), see if both inlet heater hoses are too hot to handle.Are both inlet heater hoses too hot to handle?YesGO to K7. NoGO to Pinpoint Test H.K7 CHECK CORRECT COOLANT CONTROL VALVE OPERATIONRemove the passenger side cowl cover.Clamp off the three heater hoses going to the heater core, as close to the heater core as possible. View Full ImageIgnition ON.With the engine running, set the DATC module to 16°C (60°F).Is cooling restored?YesConcern is with coolant control valve operation. NoGO to K8.K8 CHECK CIRCUITS 8-FA51 (WH/BK) AND 8-FA47 (WH/GN)Ignition OFF.Disconnect: Passenger Side Discharge Air Temperature Sensor C255.Disconnect: Driver Side Discharge Air Temperature Sensor C235.Disconnect: DATC Module C228a.Measure the resistance between the passenger side discharge air temperature sensor C255, circuit 8-FA51 (WH/BK) and the DATC module C228a-18, circuit 8-FA51 (WH/BK). View Full ImageMeasure the resistance between the driver side discharge air temperature sensor C235, circuit 8-FA47 (WH/GN) and the DATC module C228a-6, circuit 8-FA47 (WH/GN). View Full ImageAre the resistances less than 5 ohms?

do you still need assistance?

Expert:  tims auto repair replied 10 months ago.

do you need more?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
then I guess I need factory setting

hi

factory settings for what?

what is the model of your Lincoln?