Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I can't pull the plenum back far enough to pull the heater…

Customer Question
I can't pull the plenum...
I can't pull the plenum back far enough to pull the heater core out. seems to be stuck on the right side. the left side is free. the Plenum seems to extend all the way across to the door. Is the box bolted on to something? ( 99 Lincoln town car signature series).
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Lincoln
10/18/2016
Lincoln Mechanic: A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE replied 1 year ago
A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE

To remove the heater core, you will have to remove the evaporator housing under the hood because the plenum chamber under the dash is bolted through the firewall and one of the retaining nuts is behind the evaporator housing.

See the directions below.