Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Lincoln

Rear brake overheat, Yes, 1998 - just one wheel locked up,

Customer Question
rear brake overheat JA: Have you...
rear brake overheat
JA: Have you checked the coolant? Have you checked for a leak in the cooling system?
Customer: Yes
JA: What is the model/year of your Lincoln?
Customer: 1998 - just one wheel locked up, and the car was still driveable, but the wheel was very hot with strong odor
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: my mechanic - not with Lincoln dealer
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: we preplaced master cylinder and abs pump module
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Lincoln
10/9/2016
Lincoln Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 1 year ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

Typically this is due to a caliper piston that is sticking and causes it to lock up. When this occurs, it will boil the fluid in the caliper and the connecting brake hose, which makes it worse as the inner hose collapses from becoming soft. So both the caliper and the brake hose need to be replaced at the same time, otherwise it will keep occurring.

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager