Jon Pell
Jon Pell, Ford dealer technician
Experience:  many years at ford dealership with degrees in auto and business
14645008

I want to program my remote start: 2W7J-19G367-AA is the

Customer Question

I want to program my remote start: 2W7J-19G367-AA is the number on the unit
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: yes and yes
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2004 lincolom
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Everything woks except the remote start. I changed some of the programing in the unit and messed up the remote start.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Try this procedure here and see if this works to program the remote start.If you only have one key then only follow using one key.

Insert your key turn to run wait 2 seconds, quickly turn off and insert second key (if you have a seonc key)two seconds, turn off quickly press remote start if theft lamp flashes, turn off and try auto start.

If this does not work let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
That only makes the instrument lights flash. If I hit the Lock then the remote start the horn chirps 4 times.
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

Have you made sure all doors and hood are closed and locked when you try the remote start?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

O.k.,this is a tough one for me to answer myself here as my info isnt showing any other program options but others here may be able to assist further.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Expert:  Toolhut replied 11 months ago.

Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to just answer. I am a independent contractor for just answer. ASE Certified Master Auto Technician with 20 years experience. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.There will probably be some equipment needed for a proper diagnosis. If you are not comfortable with this or do not have any test equipment please let me know ASAP. I also give you all of the information you may need in good faith expecting a positive rating. I am not compensated for my time until you leave a positive rating. Your rating should be based on the service you received.

Lets start with some clarification. What part do you need programmed? Why do you need to program it?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I can access the remote unit (2W7J-19G367-AA) by turning the dome light switch next to the steering column on and pressing the override button under the dash for about 10 seconds. I am able to get go the different banks ( 1 through 8 ) using the override button. I have a 4 button remote. Using it I can get to each option inside the bank. There is a LED which lets me know if the option is on or off. I don't know which bank controls the remote start or what option in the bank turns it on or off.
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 11 months ago.

Have you tried:
Hold the button in while turning the key on.
Then release the button and push the unlock button on the remote
Then try Remote Start

hello?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Don,
I followed your instructions. I tried several times but the only change was that I got 2 beeps. Normally when I press the remote start I get a couple of flashing lights and it makes a bit of a chirping noise, not the horn chirp.

sorry....I forgot ......did you try with ALL Doors, Hood & Trunk closed?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

thanks........The Number 2W7J-19G367-AA relates to the Remote Start Main Module & not the Factory Remote Start.
I will OPT OUT & RELIST as I have no info on that

sorry

Expert:  Jon Pell replied 11 months ago.

Hello my name is***** am a Ford technician and I have installed this on my f-150 using these instructions to see if they help. The instructions start on page 9 http://www.manualslib.com/manual/53149/Ford-Sk5w7j-19a361-Aa.html?page=9#manual

http://www.manualslib.com/manual/53149/Ford-Sk5w7j-19a361-Aa.html?page=9#manual

Expert:  Jon Pell replied 10 months ago.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Jon Pell,
The programing instructions you sent are not for my unit. I tried to get into the unit using drivers door open with foot on brake turn to run and hold button for 10 or more seconds and nothing happen. If I turn the dome light on using the control next to the steering column and hold the button for about 10 seconds the horn will chirp 3 times. From here each time I push the button it will chirp 4 times than 5 times and so forth. I just don't know what each Option Bank does. The tag on my unit reads: Ford Motor Company ENG P/N: 2W7J-19G367-AA CODE Systems H63DB.

I will opt out so someone else with more knowledge of the alarm systems can respond.