Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Lincoln

I had my 2014 Lincoln MKS in for an amplifier replacement

Customer Question
and they did a master...
I had my 2014 Lincoln MKS in for an amplifier replacement and they did a master reset of the Sync system because of call drops on the bluetooth connected phone. When I got the car back, all external sensors (blindspot, front and rear park aid, and adaptive cruise control) were not working. I was miles down the road before I noticed this issue.
The next day, I performed a master reset of the system and I was able to get the blindspot and front and rear parking aids working. The adaptive cruise and collision warning were still not working. I have taken the car back in and they said there were some codes which needed to be cleared.
I was given the car back but because of being in the Atlanta metro area I could not readily check out the adaptive cruise control. The adaptive cruise control is still not working and will not identify a vehicle being in front of your car.
Any ideas? I am taking the car back in for further analyzation next week.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Lincoln
8/26/2016
Lincoln Mechanic: A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE replied 1 year ago
A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE

Can you give me the VIN# ***** your 2014 MKS? I would like to do a little digging through Fords database on this.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
1LNHL9DKXEG612761, Thank you.

Sorry it took me a little bit to dig you the part number and price of the part. The part number is ***** . And the Motorcraft number is ***** The Ford price is $86.08. This line includes the larger line the runs from the evaporator to the drier. See the diagram below.

Sorry, ignore the last post. I have 2 customers both with 2014 MKSs.

I think they did not program one of the modules properly. I would have them double check the software they installed when they did the repairs.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
you think the MASTER RESET could have corrected part of the code they put into the system?

No really. The Master Rest on resets the SYNC system to the factory defaults. If there is a software issue in one of the other modules or in the APIM (SYNC) module itself, the reset will not work.

What phone are you using?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Motorola Moto X 2nd Generation which is Google based.

Has this Bluetooth issue and call dropping been happening since you got the phone or just started recently?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It started about two weeks before I took the car in for the failing amplifier. I mentioned the calls dropping to the radio technician and he did the master reset to correct this issue when he replaced the amplifier. I deleted Sync from the phone and started anew. I have not noticed any calls dropping since.I do think you are on to something with the software. I have had radio issues with a fully loaded Taurus and never had problems like this when they did master resets (and it was multiple times before they replaced the radio).I will get them to check the software when I take the car in next week. I appreciated your analysis and suggestions! Have a great weekend.

Your very welcome. Thank you.

A. Penland
A. Penland