Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Lincoln

Wipers frozen, need location of fuse, TC 2001, yes, which

Customer Question
wipers frozen JA: Have you checked...
wipers frozen
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Do you know if there is power to the wiper motor?
Customer: need location of fuse
JA: What is the model/year of your Lincoln?
Customer: TC 2001
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: which fuse box for the motor/motor does not work
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Lincoln
8/25/2016
Lincoln Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 1 year ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer and allowing me to assist you. First before we condemn any fuses or relays pull the connector at the wiper motor and check for power. and ground' then if there is no power or bad ground we can proceed to check the circuit out. If there is power and good ground then it may be an open inside the wiper motor. you can also check to see if it lost a ground by using a jumper wire from body of wiper motor and car body. you can also check thew motor by jumping it directly from the battery to the terminals in the wiper motor connector.So there is a few checks you can do to isolate your problem. Hope this helps and if you require further assistance I'll be happy to do so.

here are some \pics that may help

09a04d78-bfb2-48b4-8695-...jpg09a04d7...jpg0ecac650-8d94-4679-90b8-...jpg0ecac65...jpga39fb3ef-f2bd-4ab6-bb1d-...jpga39fb3e...jpg12da303c-b7bb-4799-a3db-...jpg12da303...jpg
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician