Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles
45790705

03 navigator, air suspension doesn't work, no power coming

Customer Question

03 navigator, air suspension doesn't work, no power coming to air pumps
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I' m Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I' m reviewing your question now, and I will be post back with your reply ASAP

2003 Lincoln Truck Navigator 2WD V8-5.4L DOHC VIN R

1- Check fuse # F2.27 in the central junction box under hood,sent you diagram

2- Check air suspension relay , i sent you a diagram showing location on vehicle

3- check air suspension module ,for power & ground , i sent you a diagram showing location

Please le t me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back & we will continue

If you are good , kindly rate me.

A Positive rating is much appreciated

This post will stay open for you even after you rate me for you to come back and ask any follow up question you may have on this issue

Thanks You
Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Fuse is good, I connect pump directly start working, how can I check if relay is good?

you need a relay tester , and i dont think there is one like it in car that you can swap with unfortunately,

it is special relay, dealer only or some store will have it, but on this relay i recommend dealer, if it needed

it is common on this model to go out .

it will be around $80

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I check all, no power coming to pump

hey ,how are you .

the air pump relay is common failure on them ,if you said fuses good & it works if you give power straight to it then i would ,order an air pump relay from dealer

and i believe that should solve the problem.

Let me know if you need anything else on it , just reply back here & we can continue troubleshooting the problem

if you are good , Please Kindly rate me.

Hope I was helpful to you

A Positive Rating is Much Appreciated

This Post Will Stay Open for You To Come back and Ask me Any Follow Up Question You May have on this issue , even after you rate me.

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How can I test pump relay?

with relay tester , and you said you dont have one

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My electrician just check it, it's good

if it is good and the fuse is good , then you need to check the wiring between the fuse and the relay

by the way , when power is cut from the air suspension system & when you reinstall the relay ,you need to reinitialize air suspension system with a bmw scanner or equivalent ,did he do that ,that you know of?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All wiring is good between relay-fuse and module, we even on module put negative to pin #18 pump start working
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tell me if one of the sensors no good anyway pump should work to level rest of air bags?

yes that is correct , it will level the rest and stay low on that side the sensor is bad

unless you have a bad air suspension module not sending a ground to pin#18

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have 05 navigator here, swap module same thing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's not possible all 4 sensors bad and pump doesn't work itself at all

yes not possible , at least i never seen it ,all at same time

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Anyway manually rear up front doesn't go up at all,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is sensor on the side of pump?

i m not sure which one you asking about, u can send a picture

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you have a diagram breakdown what air pump consist of

That is all i have on it for blow out

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, thank you, ***** ***** working itself when you jump on back of the car, still front dead

you welcome

Let me know if you need anything else on it ,if you are good , Please Kindly rate me.

Hope I was helpful to you

A Positive Rating is Much Appreciated

This Post Will Stay Open for You To Come back and Ask me Any Follow Up Question You May have on this issue , even after you rate me

Thank You

Chad Farhat
ASE Certified Tedchnician

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Chad help me to get front up please

i gave you what i can on it .

This is a more of a troubleshooting electrical / electronic issue that can take hours or weeks troubleshooting

the site is meant for one question one answer , I went beyond that with this one ,but i can possibly fix it over this post

you are telling me all is checking out and relay is good, i told you that relay is common and you said is good, you are next to it not me

so i believe you , but we obviously have a wiring issue of all components you are saying are good

I d like to help you but your problem requires more than one answer question