Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Lincoln
2499435

Ron i need some more help on my 2005 taurus

Customer Question

hey ron i need some more help on my 2005 taurus
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Ronnie replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Justanswer. Thank you for your question and I will assist you with your concern.

How can I help you today?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i know you told me that the toe was adjustable from the factory, on the front control arms there are two adjustable eccentric type bushings so i am assuming that is the toe adjustment, i sent you a pdf file in the instructions they say the front control arms is that right could you look and see because at this point im confused
Expert:  Ronnie replied 1 year ago.

What are you needing the toe setting steps for the front?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
well you could sned those but the kit i am trying to install says something different did you open the file dont call me i hit the wrong button
Expert:  Ronnie replied 1 year ago.

Im not calling, what steps are you needing?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
did you see the instruction i dont know which arms to use
Expert:  Ronnie replied 1 year ago.

If you can tell me what it is your trying to adjust I can help you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the rear camber
Expert:  Ronnie replied 1 year ago.

Okay, as I stated before, Ford dose not show a rear camber adjustment . If your using an aftermarket kit I would assume the steps can with it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thats why i sent you the file
Expert:  Ronnie replied 1 year ago.

Im sorry I did not get any file. What file was it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the installation kit file it was in the first email
Expert:  Ronnie replied 1 year ago.

Okay so what are you having a problem with? If you rotate then in or out your going to change camber. If you trying to set camber you need the cams shown in the file you sent.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
they want me to install the kit in the front control arms that is where the toe adjustment is
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if you read the instructions the top of the second paragraph says that is for toe adjustment thats why im confused the pic is confusing too
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
should it go in the other arms
Expert:  Ronnie replied 1 year ago.

Are you sure this file applies to a 2005. I have never seen a need to adjust camber on a 2005. I have also never seen this kit for a 2005. If you change camber you going to change toe. The steps to set in on a factory 2005 are in the link below.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Toe%20setting%20Aug%2013.pdf

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
top of the sheet 96 and up
Expert:  Ronnie replied 1 year ago.

Okay well I have no information on setting the camber on the rear of a 2005 so if you would like I can open the post back up for you and perhaps another will be able to help.