Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Lincoln
2499435

MY ADVTRAC LIGHT STAYS ON AND THE DINGER JUST KEEPS DINGING.

Customer Question

MY ADVTRAC LIGHT STAYS ON AND THE DINGER JUST KEEPS DINGING. IT IS DINGING LESS BUT IT STILL DOES IT. I WOULD BE HAPPY JUST TO KILL THAT DINGER?
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: THE ADVTRAC LIGHT, I HAVE ONE OF MY BACK-UP LIGHTS IS OUT, AND CAN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO CHANGE IT, ALL THE YOU TUBE VIDEOS SHOW THE LIGHTS ON THE BODY, MINE IS ON THE TAILGATE. GOT OFF TOPIC A BIT. SOME TIMES THE ADVTRAC WARNING LIGHT NEVER GOES OFF AND FLASHES ON AND OFF SOMETIMES.
JA: What is the model/year of your Lincoln?
Customer: 2003
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I COULD GO EITHER WAY ON THE ACTUAL REPLACING THE PART, BUT DIAGNOSIS I WOULD LIKE TO DO BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT COST THE MOST
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: OK
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer working afternoon till just after midnight.

When you start the vehicle does the air bag light come on for 5 seconds?

Is the seat belt light off while driving?

Have you had it scanned to see which codes are stored?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it does not come on, seat belt goes off when you buckle it. I do have some codes I will get the list when I get to work

Okay the chime your getting is the restraint control module telling you the air bag warning light bulb is burnt out, so I can not tell you if there is a air bag issue, so I am going to chime at you to tell you to fix the bulb.

If you're confused on what to do now or later. You have already been charged the full question value. It's now time to compensate the tech that helped you. The only way I can continue to work here and help customers is by getting rated. If you're not pleased yet or plan not to rate me. Let me know so I can help more, close the post, or opt out. Please let me know if you're pleased with my help.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am contacting you because the post has not been closed out/completed.
  • It appears you were not pleased with my help.
  • If more assistance is needed, reply and let me know, also let me know what it is you're needing to be pleased.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I never know it.)
  • You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, and I do not want you to leave having paid for something that did not meet your wants/needs and myself not receiving a feedback selection from yourself.

Thanks Chris