Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Lincoln

My liftgate ajar warning lite doesn't go out with liftgate

Customer Question
locked. JA: Just to clarify, what...
My liftgate ajar warning lite doesn't go out with liftgate locked.
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: On the instrument panel there is a lite that says "Liftgate Ajar"!
JA: What is the model/year of your Lincoln?
Customer: 2004 Lincoln Navigator
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, I would like to fix this problem. So far I sprayed some WD40 on the latch and I have pushed against the door to try and latch it. It seems to be latched. In the past this would happen and I would give it a nudge and it would latch. It's seems like now it is latched but the warning lite won't clear.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No!
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lincoln Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Lincoln
7/10/2016
Lincoln Mechanic: Kevin, Auto Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Kevin
Kevin, Auto Mechanic

Hi im kevin there is a position switch atteched to the latch inside liftgate .the contacts on this become poor overtime and the tend to need replacement .they come with the latch unit

Kevin
Kevin
Kevin, Auto Mechanic