Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Lincoln

2006 Lincoln Town Car I had an SRS code faulty drivers side

Customer Question
2006 Lincoln Town Car I...
2006 Lincoln Town Car I had an SRS code for a faulty drivers side Pretensioner. Removed the pretensioner and sent it to Safety Restore for repair. Reinstalled the pretensioner now I am getting an Airbag Code (if I am reading it correctly) 9 Flashes then 11 Flashes. I can find nothing about code. I am also getting the 5 bells when the car is started. Any Ideas?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Lincoln
7/1/2016
Lincoln Mechanic: Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Ronnie
Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and thank you for your question,

Are you able to connect a full scan tool to the system and get the actual B fault code?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will see if I can find someone with a scanner and let you know. Would that be good?

Yes that would be fine, once you have it I can direct you in the correct repair. Let me know

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am having no luck. Is there a scanner I can purchase to read the B codes? Does a regular obd ll scanner read the STS codes?

Any regular Full scan tool can retrieve the B codes, a code reader will not work. All shops have them, perhaps if you have a friend in a shop you can get him to run a scan for you.

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician