A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE
Experience:  ASE Master Certified. ASE Gasoline Engine Performance Certified,Ford Senior Master Technician
14865528

Prndl error, 100000, Navigator 2003, Si, No,

Customer Question

Prndl error
JA: How many miles are on the car? Do you have scan tool or a code reader?
Customer: 100000
JA: What is the model of your '98000 Lincoln?
Customer: Navigator 2003
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Si
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lincoln Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Lincoln
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mi lincoln navigator estaba encendida y se apago y me presenta un mensaje de error prndl no park assist q podra ser
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Provide Diagrams, Manuals, or Instructions + Live Phone Call + Help via Email or Text Message + Live Video Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mi lincoln navigator estaba encendida y se apago y ahora me aparece un mensaje que dice prndl error no park assist quisiera q me ayudaran a resolverlo yo mismo por favor...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mi lincoln navigator 2003 estaba encendida y se apago y ahora me sale un mensaje de prndl error no park assist quisiera q me ayudaran a resolver mi problema...
Expert:  Ronnie replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This message usually indicates a problem with the parking Aid system but in order to know where to start your testing you are going to need to start first with scanning the system to see which B code is setting, if you can get this done and post back with the results I will send you the test steps to determine the cause.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cuando le conectamos el scanner no da ningun codigo ya q no essta leyendo el scanner
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cuando se le conecta el scanner no me brinda ningun codigo ya que no reconoce el scanner
Expert:  Ronnie replied 1 year ago.

With out knowing the fault code then your going to need to start with the enclosed pinpoint test. Copy and paste it to your browser to open and view it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Park%20aid%20Mod%20Jun%2025.pdf

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Donde se encuentra ubicado ese modulo
Expert:  Ronnie replied 1 year ago.

Its located in the RH rear quarter see it in the link below.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/PAM%20Jun%2025.pdf

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok estoy trabajando con esto en mi vehiculo tan pronto lo encuentre le aviso hasta que hora usted esta conectado
Expert:  Ronnie replied 1 year ago.

Okay. Im here all day.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok
Expert:  Ronnie replied 1 year ago.

Okay

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Como verifico el circuito A2 a donde se pone el cable de ground que el otro conector que entra al modulo no tiene pin3
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
O sea no tiene pin3
Expert:  Ronnie replied 1 year ago.

Im sorry but I do not speak Spanish so I am have problems understanding you. I will open the post back up and perhaps some one who can speak Spanish can help you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok yo le hablo en ingles
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As I test diagram A2 as the connector module has no pin 3.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Digame si habla español o ingles
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I won a help for mi lincoln navigator 2003
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mi Lincoln Navigator ESTABA encendida y se apago y Ahora me Aparece ONU Mensaje Que Dice PRNDL error sin ayuda aparcamiento quisiera q me ayudaran a resolverlo yo mismo por favor...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My Lincoln Navigator was on and trailed off and now a message saying PRNDL error no park assist want help me solve it myself please...
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.

Sorry most of us on here do not speak Spanish. We have to use the Google translator. Are you having trouble with the Parking Aid — Reverse Sensing System?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I'll use the translator.
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.

So are you having trouble with the Parking Aid system?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Lincoln was on and after 3 to 5 seconds trailed off and I said message prndl error no park assist and does not recognized the scanner
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Previously while initiating reverse sensors did not sound but the lincoln worked well and now with the message not to turn.
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.

Check fuse #27 in the dash fuse box first. It is a 5 amp fuse. It sends power to the Parking Aid Module.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All fuses and relays this good and were tested.
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.

Ok, go to the parking aid module mounted behind the left rear inside trim panel and check for power on pin #12, the GRAY/YELLOW striped wire with the key turned on. See the diagram below to see what the connector looks like and where pin#12 is. It is connector C4014b.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
11.5volt
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.

Check the ground wire on pin #7, the BLACK/BLUE striped wire.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Has continuity and measure 4.5, 5 ohms
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.

Ok, what type of scan tool are you using? Some Scan tools do not communicate with the Parking Aid Module.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had rented a Snapon scanner and always said he could not communicate.
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.

Then either the PAM is bad or the wiring from the diagnostic connector to the PAM module is bad.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I thought that the scanner was bad and got another but does not read let me know how I can solve this.
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.

Below is the network pin point test.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
16.5ohms
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
H2 is 16.5 ohms
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.

Below is the location of connector C238. It is behind the drivers side kick panel.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
H4 6.7ohms
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.

The problem is in the wiring between the DLC and C238.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As I can verify.
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.

Use a separate piece of wire and run it from the DLC to C238. Leave the factory wire intact. The new wire will be what we call a jumper wire.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I make a puende from the C238 to be a jumper or dlc.
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.

Run a wire from pin #3 at the DLC to pin #6 of C238. Then retest it like in H4.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
H2 or h4
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.

H4. Then see if the scan tool talks to the PAM.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry doing something wrong is 9ohms h2 and h4 is 6 ohms began the process again because it was bad cable using a multimeter.
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.

6 ohms is too high. It is supposed to be below 5 ohms.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry is h2 is. 9ohms
H4 .6ohms
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
0.9ohms and 0.6 ohms
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.

Sorry, that is good, That is below 1 ohm. If H2 result is 0.9 ohms, go to H7.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
H7 already made the step and the problem remains the same.
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.

H7 states to replace the PAM. Did you replace it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not replaced the piece as expenses not want to do without knowing what the problem is. You recommend replacing the PAM.
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.

The scan tool you have will not communicate with the PAM. Either the scan tool is not capable or the PAM is bad. You may want to take it to a dealership and have them scan it before spending any money on parts. Just to make sure.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok so soon have that information I will contact you.
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.

No problem, please keep me informed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If the sensors are damaged could also cause the problem or not.
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.

If there is a bad sensor or the radar sensor is bad, then it will cause a problem with the parking aid, bud it will not cause the module itself to fail.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
right now under the information we have verified the problem is in the module.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Publicado por JustAnswer mediante solicitud del cliente) Hola, me gustaría solicitarle la Llamada telefónica. Dígame si necesita más información o envíeme la oferta de Servicio Adicional para así poder continuar.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
right now under the information we have verified the problem is in the module not sensor.
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.

Right now, yes a module, but I would like you to have a different scan tool, preferably Ford to test the system for proper operation and trouble codes before replacing any parts. Kind of like a second opinion.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
On the day Monday or Tuesday I'll get the module and will scannear and let you know what happened.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have the scanner of the ford here but I want not read the scanner is a scanner originate from ford.
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.

You have a Ford IDS scan tool?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have the scanner of the ford here but I want not read the scanner is a scanner originate from ford.. .
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.

Can you do a network test with it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The coach of the ford that came to my house and went away and did not communicate with the bus that says you can not communicate..
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.

Go to the DLC connector where the scan tool connects. See if you have power on pin #16. See the diagram below.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
With that I test tool
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.

So you have power on pin #16?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not tried yet Right now I do not find myself in the place Where the lincoln esta I return tomorrow morning tomorrow morning you're connected...
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.

I am only on line in the evening after 6:30 PM. I live in Florida.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I will check to see if you are running with a test light..
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.

Ok.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pin 16 have a power
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.

Was he able to communicate with any module in the vehicle besides the PAM?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He communicated before now if not communicated. How can i solve this problem..
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.

This is not making any sense. I'll have to OPT OUT and see if a Spanish speaking expert can help you. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks i wating for other technic