Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Lincoln

My keyless start is not working, It's a brand new car, 2015

Customer Question
My keyless start is not...
My keyless start is not working
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: It's a brand new car
JA: What is the model/year of your Lincoln?
Customer: 2015 mkx
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Got in as I usually do, stepped on the brake, pushed start and it'll only light up
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lincoln Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Lincoln
6/17/2016
Lincoln Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 1 year ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in the auto repair business with my own shops since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

I attached the information you need to address this problem.

Thanks, Ron

rpmdiag
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor