Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Lincoln

I have a Lincoln 8 with a 4.6 v8 1994 and it hesitation when

Customer Question
I have a Lincoln mark...
I have a Lincoln mark 8 with a 4.6 v8 1994 and it hesitation when I give it the gas
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Lincoln
6/13/2016
Lincoln Mechanic: Jerry, Master Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Jerry, Master Mechanic

Hello and thank you for using the site. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you today.

.

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

.

. *** A BAD RATING HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ANY DEPOSIT YOU MADE *****

You will want to check the fuel pressure to see if it is too low. Also that the filter is not restricting the flow of fuel.

..

Then if the fuel pressure and flow are good, the exhaust may be a little bit restricted. You can have a back pressure test done on it at most exhaust shops to see if the cat is clogged.

.

.

If they are both ok, then you will want to take a sample of the fuel to be sure that it’s not contaminated.

.

Please don’t forget to rate the answer, **** THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID **** if you need any more on it, I will be here.

.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
we have a new fuel filter how do I remove all the gas
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

A phone call would not be in your best interest. I am not able to draw diagrams or give instructions over the phone.

That's good, the fuel pressure test should be accurate with a new fuel filter. To remove 'all' of the fuel you would have to siphon it out. You could take a sample of it though for testing.

It is showing that you are waiting for me. Let me send this as a test, thanks

If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you the instructions in a PDF file, the file is rather large.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it.

I do not have access to your email address,

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Jerry what should the pressure be on the gas line?

Normally we get paid for the original answer(s) before any follow ups, but that is included in the test, thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
You didn't bother to answer my follow up question. Your site says to rate once satisfied or issue resolved. Nothing has been resolved yet.

I see, thanks.

Specifications:

Key On Engine Off240-310 kPa (35-45 PSI)

Key On Engine Running (Idle Speed)240-310 kPa (35-45 PSI)

NOTE: Maximum fuel pressure is obtainable with the vacuum hose removed from the fuel pressure regulator or at Wide Open Throttle (WOT).

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
jerry what next?

What is the fuel pressure?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
jerry I just paid $52.oo they said they fuel pressure ok and no back pressure is ok .

That is all the information that I have on it, but wait there may be another expert who has more. I will opt out and open it back up. Please DON’T REPLY to this post as that will lock the question back to me, also DON’T RATE THE ANSWER yet, someone should be along shortly, I’m sure, thanks and sorry I wasn’t able to help with it.

.

*******YOU CAN ALWAYS GET A REFUND WITHOUT RATING THE ANSWER AS BAD OR THE SERVICE AS POOR ********

.

.

Lincoln Mechanic: Kenny Z., Lincoln Technician replied 1 year ago
Kenny Z.
Kenny Z., Lincoln Technician

Hello, my name is***** and thanks for your question.

Is this hesitation just a delay when you accelerate or is it more like a misfire that stays as load is maintained on the engine?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it will not go when I give the gas it pop at the carburetor I hold the gas petal down it will not move?

At that point is the engine running rough or smooth?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
smooth

Ok if it is smooth then not likely an engine misfire. So the fuel pressure and the exhaust back pressure was tested and found to be OK? How does the engine rev up in park if you floor it?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no help cancel all
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Kenny Z.
Kenny Z.
Kenny Z., Lincoln Technician