Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Lincoln

I have a 2007 Navigator and the front A/C system works only

Customer Question
in lower outside temps. I...
I have a 2007 Navigator and the front A/C system works only in lower outside temps. I have replaced the blower motor, resistor AND switch. It comes on, surges, then cuts off. It does it continually. When I park it in the garage, then it seems to work fine. When it does blow, it blows cold. Any ideas?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Lincoln
6/7/2016
Lincoln Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 1 year ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi , my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What other information can I share to help you?

How many miles on the vehicle ?

Have you Ran Diagnostic Test to retrieve Fault codes ?

Have the freon level been checked ?

Have you check the a/c relay for getting stuck ?

when the it is working in lower temp , is it working good ?

Thank You
Chad ( aka -Customer )

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have a p0420 code that started because of something else. The charge checked fine. I don't know how to check for the relay getting stuck. It literally blows to full surge and cuts off for 5 seconds and repeats. When it's working, it works great and cold.

ok p420 is catalytic converter is weak

you do you have dual climate control ?

This unit is your problem the control head in the dash ( it is called EATC : ELECTRONIC AUTOMATIC TEMPERATURE CONTROL MODULE )

Thank You
Chad ( aka -Customer )

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I switched that out with a used one.

If you have access to a diagnostic scanner that is capable of reading the a/c control module and you can confirm the fault , I would do that first , my scanner at my shop <I can communicate with module , turn a/c on or off , turning a/c fans , i can check the low/ high pressure switches , in cabin sensor temp the outside ambient sensor etc ...

but %90 of time it is that EATC module.

I HAVE NOT A BOUGHT A USED ONE THAT WORKED YET , THESE UNITS HAVE TO BE NEW , AT LEAST THAT IS MY EXPERIENCE

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Am i correct that you are saying the module in the dash with the buttons? I don't have access to a diagnostic scanner. What would you suggest, just buying the module? Or paying a shop to diagnose it?

Yes you are correct the one in the dash ,with buttons EATC, This the brain of the a/c system .

If you know a shop with a good tech & scanner , I would scan first , instead throwing parts at it of course, but in case, no scan available then buy the eatc on Ebay, ( will be the cheapest) and you can find them new oem brand just like the one at your local dealer .

let me know what happens, cause if you do get the codes , I will help you with it .

Positive Rating is much Appreciated

This Post will stay Open For You To Come Back And Me Ask Any Follow up Question You May Have On This Issue .

Hope I was helpful to you , please let me know if you need anything else.

Thank You
Chad ( aka -Customer )

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will do what you suggest and let you know. I don't "know" a shop, so I will most likely be throwing parts at it, thanks!

than get the part, install it and get back to me , i'm online daily from 9 am till really late , i will help you with it ,

make sure you look at the connector in back of it for buns or melting spots

please dont forget to rate me since that is how we get compensated for our time .

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I appreciate your time and help! I will definitely rate you, thank you.
Cool, if it doesn't work we can figure it out, just buy a test light and I will guide u step by step and hopefully will find it, there is a big chance that eatc module will solve it, I have changed over 20 on naviagator , expedition etc....
Talk to you soon
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat