Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Lincoln

My key won't unlock my door and the battery is dead JA:

Customer Question
My key won't unlock my...
My key won't unlock my door and the battery is dead
JA: Battery issues can be tough to diagnose - lots of things to consider. Luckily, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Went to put battery charger on battery and can't open the door to release the hood latch
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Tried to unlock door
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Lincoln Mechanic should know about your Lincoln?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lincoln Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Lincoln
5/20/2016
Lincoln Mechanic: Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Ronnie
Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician
Hello and thank you for your question,In order to try nd help you we need to know what your working on, year, make and model please.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
2008 Lincoln Mark LT. Need. To get into car to release hood so I can put battery charger on dead battery
One other option you have if you can not get the door open would be to take your charger and get under the vehicle and connect your charger positive cable to the positive post on the starter and ground the other post to the engine or the frame and that will allow you to charge the battery enough to get the doors to open. Are you able to get under the truck and connect to the starter?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Have not tried and was hoping of other options. Why won't my key work
The lack of voltage is likely keeping the lock actuator from moving. The other option you have would be to call you local tow service and then can usually come out and Slim Jim the lock for you and get the door open. That is likely your easiest method.
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician