Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Lincoln

Pearl. My 2009 Lincoln MKX has a very strong propane odor.

Customer Question
Hi Pearl. My 2009...
Hi Pearl. My 2009 Lincoln MKX has a very strong propane odor. Why is that?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Lincoln. The Lincoln Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: There's really not much else to tell. When I drive my vehicle, a very strong propane odor fills up the car.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If I can.
JA: Is there anything else the Lincoln Mechanic should be aware of about your Lincoln?
Customer: I don't believe so. Everything else seems to be operating properly.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lincoln Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Lincoln
5/18/2016
Lincoln Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 1 year ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.I have been in the auto repair business with my own shops since 1975 and also teachautomotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Pleaseunderstand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problemwith the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computerdata/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; wejust diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch thevehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going todirect you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please bepatient and permit me to do what I do best.I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” inreturn. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If thereis any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so Ican go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help youthrough it. Sounds like a bad catalytic converter. Similar to a rotten egg smell too. Car may be running too rich and should e tested with a scan tool to acquire data to make a correct diagnosis.Thanks, ***** *****
rpmdiag
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor