john aka eauto
john aka eauto, The Car Guy
Experience:  ase certified imac cerified
6149662

Warning with noise saying front park aid has been coming on

Customer Question

Warning with noise saying front park aid has been coming on all day today
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Lincoln. The Lincoln Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: That's it. It's a 2014
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: What does it mean?
JA: Is there anything else the Lincoln Mechanic should be aware of about your Lincoln?
Customer: Excessive noise, rattling, popping I hear when I'm driving it whenever it encounters any bumps in road. Excessive side to side movement.
JA: Many things can cause a car to make those weird sounds. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lincoln Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  john aka eauto replied 1 year ago.
Have you used a scan tool to see which codes are stored in the module?I ask because the very first test question is, what codes are stored. Once we know the codes we can then skip through the diagnostic tests much faster to know where repair is needed being a wire or connector or component.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. I work all day with non automotive documents. I wouldn't know a scan tool if it fell on my head. I am not going to do anything with a scan tool. What does this warning mean and is there anything I can do immediately myself to stop it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please just refund my $17.00. The car is under warranty and I will call the dealer tomorrow.
usually the sensor is bad..its guessing game on which one without codes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't want a live conversation. Just return my $17.00. Tomorrow I will call the dealer and they will tell me what you can't.