Technician Chris
Technician Chris, Technician
Experience:  I am a certified ASE Master Technician with L1 Advanced Diagnostic Specialist and over 15 years experience.
29613880

Lincoln Mkt: I have a 2014 lincoln mkt, when i open the doors

Customer Question

I have a 2014 lincoln mkt, when i open the doors the interior lights do not go on
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Technician Chris replied 1 year ago.
hi there. My name is ***** ***** I am one of the Lincoln techs here.1st, double check the dome light switch is in the "door" mode. I know this sounds silly, but it is worth checking.If that if fine, the most likely cause of the issue is just a bunt bulb. You should be able to carefully pull down the light assembly and replace the bulb if it is blown.It that is fine, I would check the fuse.
If all that is fine, the only other option would be the door switch. With the door open, manually press on the switch a few times to see if the interior lights go on and off, if not, replace the switch.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My fuse box does not look like the diagram
Often times, the Ford repair manual will vary in pictures and descriptions depending on which assembly plant the vehicle was built in. However, all you need to do is open up the fuse panel and look on the underside of the cover. There will be a diagram saying what each fuse controls. Just look for "interior lights, dome light, courtesy lamp" or something along those lines.
This post will end soon. Please do rate my answer. As an independent contractor, I do not receive any credit for answering your question if no rating is given. Let me know if you have additional questions, but please proceed with a 4 or 5 star rating.thanks- Chris